On August 13, it will be exactly one year since my first fiction story was released -- officially published -- by The Wild Rose Press.
"Diary of a Narcissistic Bloodsucker," was the first fiction story I sold. I really appreciate Black Rose's Robin for her enthusiasm about my quirky, weird little satire/humor story. That story had a rocky path to publication. It was originally written for possible inclusion in an anthology that never happened. Then it sold quickly to an epub which went out of business before "Diary" could see the light of day. After that it sold to another epub, whose publisher rescinded the offer when she discovered my story wasn't her idea of romance. (I made no bones about it NOT being HEA-type romance.) Then the Wild Rose Press opened its doors, and "Diary" found a home.
After selling"Diary," I sold 2 more shorts to Wild Rose Press (erotic paranormal under my pen name).
Then I sold an urban fantasy/paranormal with romance elements to Medallion Press and a novella to Loose Id.
It's been a great year.
So, to celebrate my fiction publishing anniversary, I'm having another giveaway.
To enter, just answer the 10 questions listed below (all answers can be found on my new website: http://www.lyndahilburnauthor.com/ in the excerpts section), and send your answers to this email address:
What's the prize?
On the evening of August 13, 2007, I'll randomly select one email entry (with the correct answers) and that person will receive (the moment my advance copies show up in my mailbox) a signed copy of my new trade paperback, "The Vampire Shrink."
One entry per person, please.
So, let's get down to the nitty gritty. Here are the 10 questions to answer:
1. What is the name of the teenager who wants to be a vampire?
2. Who did the teenager say Kismet the psychologist looks like?
3. What is the name of the smaller man who threatens Kismet in her office?
4. Where is Zara writing her memoirs from?
5. What is the name of the gorgeous human who tempts Zara?
6. What are Malveaux's needs?
7. What is the name of the bartender Tempest is watching?
8. How long had Alana been grieving?
9. Who did Alana expect to jump out and grab her?
10. Where did Natasha's blind date ask to meet her?
Okay! That's it. Send those answers to: