Sunday, May 23, 2010

Guest Blogger: Donna Grant

The winner of Donna's book is: YzhaBella! Congrats! Please get in touch with me. Thanks to everyone who participated.

Magic – Do you believe?

First, thank you, Lynda, for letting me guest blog!

It seems in every culture throughout history there has been mention of magic. Some would say it doesn’t exist, some would argue it does. How can something so widely spoken about not be real? And if it is real, how do you prove it?

The wonderful thing about writing fiction is that I can include all kinds of paranormal elements in my worlds. The world in my new Dark Sword series is most definitely filled with magic. Both my heroines and heroes hold magic, though in different ways.

My heroes are warriors with primeval gods inside them giving them immortality as well as enhanced senses and the ability to control something be it water, people’s minds, or the very air you breathe. The gods also transform my Warriors. Each god favors a color, so when unleashed, the heroes turn the color of their god. They also have fangs and claws, and some even have horns and wings. It has been fun matching heroes to their powers.

My heroines are Druids, blessed with certain magical abilities that will aid the heroes in defeating the evil spreading over their world. There are two sects of Druids in the series – the mie, or pure Druids, who practice healing and using their magic for good. Then there are the droughs who go through a ritual that binds their souls with evil to create black magic.

In FORBIDDEN HIGHLANDER (May 25, 2010) the heroine, Larena, is keeper of a magical ring. Inside the milky stone of the ring holds an ancient scroll the Druids used to write down the names of families who house a god. That scroll is being sought after by the hero, Fallon MacLeod, to help free his brother from the villain.

But in the hands of the villain, the Scroll is a weapon that could destroy everything.

Here’s the blurb for FORBIDDEN HIGHLANDER:

A DANGEROUS SECRET…
Fallon MacLeod has gifts any warrior would covet - fierce strength, unmatched skill, even immortality. But those gifts come at a price that puts everyone he loves at risk. Only when his brother, Quinn, is taken captive does Fallon leave the seclusion of his Highland home to seek the king's aid. And though every woman at court would gladly be his for the asking, one alone causes desire to roar to life within him: beautiful, mysterious Larena Monroe.


A WILD DESIRE…
Rumors swirl around the castle about "The McLeod" but Larena knows the truth. Like Fallon, Larena is searching for a way to vanquish the evil Druid who wants to wreak havoc on earth. Drawn to Fallon in spite of her fear, she surrenders to a passion that shocks them both with its raw intensity. But Larena dares not hope for more - not when she holds a secret that could turn her fiery Highland love against her forever…

Do you think magic exists?

I’ll be giving away a signed copy of DANGEROUS HIGHLANDER to a commenter so talk to me. J

To find out more about me please visit my website at
http://www.donnagrant.com/. To read more about the Dark Sword series, see pics of the Warriors, take the quiz, download wallpaper, or search characters, please visit www.donnagrant.com/darksword.

Happy Reading!

********

Donna's winner will be selected and posted on Tuesday night. Stop back by to see if you won.

17 Comments:

Blogger Linda Henderson said...

I really enjoy reading paranormal, and I love stories with magic in them. The blurb to your Forbidden Highlander is great and I can't wait to read this book. Thank you for being here today.

seriousreader at live dot com

6:15 PM  
Blogger mariska said...

yeap, i think magic exists. And books with the magic stories inside always drag me to them :)

you are a new for me author. your book sounds great !

uniquas at ymail dot com

7:08 PM  
Blogger YzhaBella's BookShelf said...

Personally, I believe magic is a matter of one's perception. The more open your mind is, the more in tune you are to the world around you, and the more willing you are to believe in the unseen or the un-scientifically provable all adds to your perception of what is truly possible.

In my personally experience, I truly believe there simply must be some kind of magic. I don't know to what level or exactly in what form but magic must exist. I've always felt that way. As a mother, I can't conceive of how any one could experience the wonder, and of course the magic, of child birth and not believe on some level!

This series sounds absolutely amazing! Gods, Warriors, Druids, claw, fangs, wings. Sounds to me like its got it all!

Thank you for sharing!
Kate (aka YzhaBella's BookShelf)
mleger0546(at)rogers(.)com

7:43 PM  
Blogger Donna Grant said...

Linda - I hope you enjoy the book. :)

Mariska - I love stories with magic in them, too.

Kate - Oh, I agree. The more open your mind, the more possibilities there are. :D

6:03 AM  
Blogger Linda Andrews said...

The blurb sounds great and what a great mix. I love that the Gods have colors what an interesting twist.

I believe that magic exists and, although it may sound sappy, I think that love is the only acceptable kind of magic left.

Is this the first book in the series?

8:01 AM  
Blogger Donna Grant said...

Hi, Linda - I think believing love is magic isn't sappy at all. It is magic. And its why I write romance. :)

8:50 AM  
Blogger CrystalGB said...

Yes, I believe magic exists. There are so many amazing things that happen that can only be described as magic.


Crystal816[at]hotmail[dot}com

9:48 AM  
Blogger Donna Grant said...

Linda - meant to say that no, Forbidden Highlander is the second book in the series. The first is Dangerous Highlander that I'm giving away. :)

10:24 AM  
Blogger Donna Grant said...

I so agree, Crystal! :)

10:26 AM  
Blogger jeanette8042 said...

I think it's possible magic exists. I mean, anything can be possible in the world and we don't know if there are some hidden creatures hiding out there.

lilazncutie1215 @ yahoo.com

11:21 AM  
Blogger Rosie said...

Hi Donna, thanks for stopping by. I enjoyed reading your guest blog! I can't wait to read your new book. What's better than a highlander that's immortal! I like that you threw in the gods too!!

rosie0512 @ hotmail . com

12:35 PM  
Blogger Donna Grant said...

Jeanette - so true!

Rosie - thank you! Hope enjoy Forbidden Highlander :)

1:45 PM  
Blogger Mary Kirkland said...

I've been on a huge paranormal kick lately. I love reading paranormal books, there's nothing better if you ask me. Magic exists and the best books have a little magic in them.

miztik_rose@yahoo.com

1:46 PM  
Blogger Donna Grant said...

Mary - I love reading paranormal books as well. I'm a huge fan. :)

1:48 PM  
Blogger Spav said...

I love reading paranormal romance books, especially if there's magic in them. I think some types of magic exists, you never know what's out there!

spav05(at)gmail(dot)com

7:50 PM  
Blogger Donna Grant said...

Spav - I so agree with you. On both accounts. :)

7:52 PM  
Blogger YzhaBella's BookShelf said...

Woot Woot! Thank you so much for hosting this event Lynda!

And thank you Donna! I can wait to read this series!

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home