Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Sonja Foust: Funny, Crazy, Upsetting Publishing Stories



Ever hear about those funny author career moments?

I believe it's Christina Dodd who has a three-armed heroine on one of her covers. Stuff like this happens more than we'd like to imagine!

My own personal funny author career moment came a couple months ago when "Love In Shadow" finally popped up on FictionWise.

Now, to get the full effect of the humor, go to http://www.fictionwise.com and type Love In Shadow in the title search box. Now read the very last line of the blurb. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Yep, that's right.

"Lon couldn't possibly love her in spit."

Speaking of spit, I about spit out my Diet Coke when I saw that. For a nanosecond, I debated whether I should be upset or really, really tickled. I went with tickled. After all, I probably couldn't love her in spit either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home