Friday, December 30, 2005

Psychic Fiction Books

I got an email from Romantic Times Bookclub Magazine about a list of Psychic Fiction books they've compiled. The list is available (free) at this address:

http://www.romantictimes.com/f_reader/f3a_76.shtml

There's also a spiffy psychic terms glossary. I'm happy to pass the word along.

I haven't read lots of the books on the Psychic Fiction list, but will definitely check with my library (such an excellent library here in Boulder, CO!).

I did read the "Psychic Eye" mystery books by Victoria Laurie. There are three in the series so far. I liked the psychic elements and the mystery. The heroine is funny and endearing and the boyfriend has promise.


I also read Martha C. Lawrence's five Elizabeth Chase mysteries. I wish I hadn't gone into these books with the assumption that they're romance. While I don't read much straight romance, I do love the romance elements in stories. What's life without a little romance? (Trust me. You don't want to know!) Martha's books are well-written mysteries with a little psychic stuff thrown in. Had I read them expecting just that, I wouldn't have found myself irritated by the distant tone of the relationship sub-sub-plot. But, now that I know, I can just enjoy a good mystery, and how cool is that?


Kay Hooper's murder mystery books all involve psychics unscrambling the clues. I really enjoyed them. She's got the "Evil" books, the "Shadow" books and the "Fear" books. All good.

Amanda Quick (aka Jayne Ann Krentz) has a new series she calls "Arcane Society" novels. The first is "Second Sight." I liked it a lot. The main female character is intelligent, strong and resourceful and the main male character is clever and handsome. They both have various psychic abilities (or "powers" as stated in the book). I definitely love/hate a book depending on the characters, and I really enjoyed this one. She's doing an interesting thing with this series. The next book is written under her JAK name and is a contemporary. She says she'll weave in elements about the Arcane Society through several stories. So far, so good!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Accurate Psychic said...

I'll definitely grab a copy of these books.

7:39 AM  
Anonymous orlando psychic helen voted orlando' #1 psychic said...

psychic helen, as a psychic my thought's are positive on thease books, great job well done.

5:53 AM  
Anonymous psychic readings online said...

These books contain helpful information to understand the real meaning of psychic readers and the readings the give you as a result.

12:01 AM  
Anonymous orlando psychics said...

our psychics sense positive energy on this website.

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Best Psychic and Healer - Light Axis Healing said...

These books are awesome. Good energy. The best psychic I have been to is from www.lightaxishealing.com

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Psychic Orlando said...

These books are great and really give you a good insight into the psychic world. If you are in the Orlando area stop by and see us www.psychicmediumorlando.com

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Tarot Card Readings said...

Thank you for the suggestions I am always looking to improve my skills.

12:54 AM  
Blogger Lord Mark said...

Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home