Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I'm up for "Best New Voice, Fiction" and there's not enough hours in the day


Well, cool. My book, THE VAMPIRE SHRINK, has been nominated for a Benjamin Franklin award from the Independent Book Publishers Association. If I were a cat right now, I'd be stretched out on my back with all four paws in the air, making that "merrrowwww" sound. (I'm housesitting and taking care of 4 cats. What an education!)

I just started a new job as a therapist at a mental health center (hey, at a certain point, everyone needs a little financial security) in addition to my work at the addictions center, seeing my private clients and trying to do the edits on book 2. My hair is suddenly much more gray than it was a couple of months ago.

Wish me luck!



4 Comments:

Blogger MsValerie said...

Congratulations, Lynda. I certainly agree with the nomination...in fact, I've recommended The Vampire Shrink many times!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Lynda Hilburn said...

Thank you so much, Ms. Valerie! I'm so happy you like THE VAMPIRE SHRINK. You're a doll for recommending it! I appreciate you. Hugs, Lynda

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the nomination as well as the new job! You go girl! :D

3:50 AM  
Blogger Lynda Hilburn said...

Thanks so much, Judi! You're a doll.

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home