Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Boulder Writers Alliance Expo and Dexter

I'll be adding my two cents as an "expert" on September 22 at the Boulder Writers Alliance Expo. I'll be offering feedback about "Writing Genre Fiction" and "Expanding Your Creativity As a Writer Through Hypnosis." Sounds like fun. If you're going to be in the Boulder, Colorado area that day, please stop by and say hello. Here's a link:


I just read the fourth installment in the "Dexter" novels -- Dexter by Design -- by Jeff Lindsay. So, what (you might ask) does a serial killer have todo with the paranormal? As I read these books, I'm often reminded of my favorite creatures of the night: vampires. Dexter feels most comfortable at night, he has a dark secret and he's an unrepentant predator. Sounds vampiric to me. The other three novels are: Darkly Dreaming Dexter, Dearly Devoted Dexter and Dexter In the Dark. I have no idea why books about serial killers stroke my fur, but they do. I must be even weirder than I thought. Some parts of these books makes me laugh out loud. No wonder I can't write happy endings. LOL.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Kirkland said...

I haven't read the Dexter books, but I have been watching the series and I really enjoy it.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home