Monday, May 02, 2005

More Recommended Paranormal Books

I've added a few more entries to the list of recommended paranormal books, which can be found here in the November, 2004 archives. You can also get there by going to my website (www.lyndahilburn.com) and clicking on the "recommended books: fiction" area. A couple of the books I'm adding are historical paranormals. I have to admit that, because I don't gravitate toward historicals in general, I threw the baby out with the bath water. I haven't ever read an historical paranormal that I can recall. I think the repressive and antiquated notions about women present in some/most historical books are just too unpleasant for me to read. (That reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw: "I'll call myself a post-feminist when I live in a post-patriarchy.") Anyway, at the RT convention I was given complimentary advance copies of two paranormal historicals: "The Companion," by Susan Squires and "After Midnight" by Teresa Medeiros. I enjoyed both of them, but I can't say enough good stuff about "The Companion." Very well-written, compelling, and clever. If you enjoy paranormals -- of any kind -- run right out and get this book. Thank heavens it's going to be a series! I'll say a bit more about it in the listing under "recommended books" noted above.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rene said...

I can't wait to read The Companion. Susan Squires is a member of my chapter and is signing copies of the book on May 14 at our meeting. She is a very nice woman and a generous writer who is always ready to help others.

BTW, I got your blog from Shalla's list.

5:36 AM  
Blogger Lynda Hilburn said...

Thanks, Rene. I really did enjoy "The Companion." I love when a book grabs my brain and hangs on 'til the last page. I'm already sorry I have to wait for the next installment!! When you see her, tell her "Write fast!!" Here's hoping things are going well with your writing, too!
Lynda

7:58 PM  

<< Home