Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I've Been Offered Agent Representation!!!

I came home today and found a message on my voice mail from Steve Mancino and Joshua Blimes of JABberwocky Literary Agency. They've been enthusiastic about my book from our first contact. They represent Charlaine Harris, Tanya Huff and others. The agency specializes in cross-genre books -- like mine. They said they LOVE MY BOOK. They LOVE IT. That's an exact quote. I can't stop smiling. Steve faxed me a contract and I'll read through it and go from there. He said he wants to pitch my book to two editors during a meeting he already has scheduled for tomorrow. I'm floating on air. And the journey continues . . .

6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Rowen said...

Hooray!!!! Huge congratulations!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!! :-)

7:59 AM  
Blogger Lynda Hilburn said...

Thank you, Michelle!! I am imagining good things.
Lynda

4:20 PM  
Blogger Alicia Maddox said...

Ah, wow. Congratulations! Very, very cool.

11:46 AM  
Blogger K J Gillenwater said...

What fantastic news! You must be thrilled. I would love to be posting a message like yours to my blog someday soon.

Can't wait to read your book!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Lynda Hilburn said...

Dear Alicia and Kristin: Thanks so much for the supportive words!! I still actually haven't taken the whole thing in yet. Everything happened so fast. But it really is cool. My imagination is on "high spin." It will be your turn soon, Kristin!!
Lynda

8:25 PM  
Blogger Suchita said...

HI,
I am a filmmaker/ writer writing from mumbai India. first of all congratulations, am trying to get a hold of one of your earlier publications on pychic healing here in india. I am very keen on knowing about the same. I am too looking for a literary agent for my fantasy childrens book, we don't have 'agent culture' in india, so its kind of difficult.

all the best,

sue

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home