Friday, November 21, 2008

"Twilight" the movie, and interview with me in Colorado Springs Independent

Okay. I'm probably going to be unpopular, but I thought the movie was boring. I almost got up and left right after the tracker vamp was dispatched in the dance studio. Maybe the things that appealed to me about the book -- introspection and deep character focus -- were impossible to portray in a movie. And I never thought the guy who plays Edward was a good casting choice. He seemed to have a very limited acting range (he never looked like the Edward character -- no long hair, etc.) and, added to the blandness of the Bella character, the whole movie -- for me -- was a huge yawn. I read a review this morning which said pretty much that if someone hadn't read the books, she or he would be hard-pressed to find anything in the movie that warranted all the hoopla. I couldn't agree more.

In the frenzy of "Twilight" madness, I was interviewed by a local newspaper for my take on things:
http://www.csindy.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A32587

1 Comments:

Blogger B said...

I saw it this evening...and it was pretty corny. I wasn't expecting a lot from it, but some of the acting was just laughable. Actually, the whole theater laughed A LOT. I enjoyed it because it's always fun to see characters come to life, but it felt rushed, them being in love felt forced, and there was a lot of wasted time on scene's of them running/jumping/climbing around. Best scene was them playing baseball and the fight scene. :)

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home