Sunday, November 26, 2006

Writing Goals for December and Beyond!


Writing down goals is helpful, right? OK. By the first day of 2007, I'll have completed the novella (erotic urban fantasy w/romance elements under my pen name) I've been working on since May. No more distractions. Then, starting January 1, 2007, I'll re-read book #1 in my proposed series (the one about the Denver psychologist who gets pulled into the vamp underground), read the completed chapters of book #2, then get back to work on it. My goal will be to finish book #2 by the end of 2007. Unless, of course, some kind of MOTIVATION -- say, in the form of selling book #1 with interest in book #2 -- happens. That tends to kick-start my energy. At this point it is my intention to NOT get distracted by writing any more short stories, but Zara has been whispering in my ear again, so if I make good progress on series book #2, maybe I can spend a little more time in Zara's world in 2007. Maybe.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like good goals to me. And the books sound interesting too. I hope you reach every one.

4:41 AM  
Blogger Lynda Hilburn said...

Thanks, Yvette! Goals are good (I'm repeating to myself . . .)!

10:40 PM  
Blogger Tempest Knight said...

You go girl! You can do it! *does the Arsenio Hall woo-woo cheering sound*

8:17 PM  
Blogger Lynda Hilburn said...

Tempest: Love the Arsenio sound. Funny how making a commitment to self often seems hard! But I'm on it!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice! Sounds great and interesting.



denver psychologist

4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home