Sunday, March 11, 2007

Blood Ties on Lifetime TV


Based on the books by Tanya Huff, "Blood Ties" debuted tonight on Lifetime TV. I really enjoyed it. It would have been easy for the series to turn into a cartoon or an over-the-top, kick-ass heroine caricature, but that didn't happen. Instead, the lead female character is well-acted by a young-yet-mature actress. Very nice ensemble cast. I also like that it's filmed in Toronto, and not in the US, in an atmospheric style. The charming vampire is good looking with obvious layers to his psyche. (But why doesn't he have an English accent??) And there's a love triangle forming. Yum. I look forward to more installments of this series and am going to go out and get Tanya's books.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed it, too...I did think it was weird that the two male love interests (the vamp and the cop) looked quite a bit alike.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Lynda Hilburn said...

You're right! They do have similar coloring, etc. In fact, all three of the main characters do! I hope the quality of the show remains high. I really do love a good vampire story!

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home