Friday, April 13, 2007

Postcard, Another Brit, Edits and London


I was just reading The Biting Edge, the wonderful blog by authors Jeanne C. Stein, Marta Acosta and Mario Acevedo (all vampire book writers), where Jeanne talked about her great new business card done by Kelley at Iconix.biz (awesome card, Jeanne!). I just had Kelley do a postcard for me with my cover art, and looking at the design she did for Jeanne made me start thinking about other things I can have Kelley make for me! I highly recommend her work.


I'm a fan of the Dresden Files -- the books and the TV show -- and had a "duh" moment recently when I discovered that Paul Blackthorne, the actor who plays Harry, is British. Damn. I knew there was something I liked about that guy. Actually, I think he does a fine job as the often-befuddled wizard. I like Terrence Mann, too. I'm enjoying that the TV Harry has a busier love/sex life. Repression can be interesting, but healthy sexuality can be fun, too.
I got the edits for The Vampire Shrink and am in the midst of completing them. So far there's nothing that made me break down in tears. From what I've heard, that's a good sign.
A friend is going to England soon, and I'm so jealous. No time to plan a trip this year, but I've got my fingers crossed for 2008. Wouldn't it be awesome if I could do a book signing thing in London? Dare to dream.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne Stein said...

Hi Lynda-- I aagree about Kelley at Iconix. I'm certainly going to use her for more promo stuff, too. By the way, I know I've said it before, but I LOVE your cover!

Best, Jeanne Stein

7:07 AM  
Blogger Lynda Hilburn said...

Thanks, Jeanne! I hope the cover is eye-catching enough to draw reader attention. I look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks at your book signing in Denver!

8:00 AM  
Blogger danetteb said...

Hi Lynda,

I love The Dresden Files show,Paul is a hottie,he guest starred on a Monk episode and he was using his English accent,I couldn't help but drool`g*...The first country I'd like to travel to would be England.
Hugs, Danette
http://nenscl.blogspot.com/

3:43 PM  
Blogger Lynda Hilburn said...

Dear Danette: I remember that Monk episode! I must have been doing too many things at once, because I don't remember hearing Paul's English accent. But I was clicking through the channels the other night and came across a program where Paul was taking part in some poker game. He was talking about his role on Dresden, and his accent was so yummy. There's just always been something about that accent for me! I wish they would've let Hugh Laurie keep his accent on House. Despite all my fantasies about British men, I didn't run across any squeal material on my trip to London a couple of years ago. But I'm definitely willing to go back and look around some more!

4:46 PM  
Blogger danetteb said...

Lynda,
At least we've got Clive Owen and Jude Law movies to watch over and over just to soak in the yummy accent.
Hugs, Danette

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home