Saturday, December 20, 2008

Vampire Sightings. Is House a Vampire? Johnny Depp?


It's true. I'm strange. Unusual. Not normal (whatever that is). But, that's okay. I have no problem disclosing my bizarre undercurrents.

Not only have I always seen things other people couldn't see, felt vibes other people said they didn't, and heard conversations nobody else acknowledged, but I enjoy "outing" vampires. Or, at least letting them know I "see" them. It's my way of tiptoeing along the edge of danger. Feeling alive.
Seriously. I'll bet I'm not alone.

Since I've spent so much of my life in "alternative" settings -- psychic fairs, goth events, seances, witches circles, hands-on healing sessions, trance dancing, hypnotic explorations, etc., etc. -- not to mention sleep-overs as a pre-adolescent girl where we each used only one finger to lift a volunteer into the air -- and fundamentalist revival meetings in tents during my early childhood, where I witnessed things I still haven't made sense of -- I tend to attract paranormal/supernatural/metaphysical experiences.

I've always recognized vampires.

Maybe because I'm obsessed with them. Or maybe because the dark aspects of my own nature resonate naturally with them. Or maybe because there's something about the way they hold eye contact . . .

Anyway, I see them everywhere.

Recently, I waited for friends in the bar area of a Denver restaurant and I felt the force of a gaze on the back of my head. Unable to resist, I swiveled in my seat to find intense dark eyes staring at me. He was very young. His purple hair spiked up in a rigid Mohawk, his lips spread in a smirking grin. He wore a very trendy leather coat. I was old enough to be his mother, so I didn't experience any confusion about his communication. He wasn't hitting on me. His energy simply tapped me on the shoulder. Unconsciously. He knew that I knew. I nodded and he did the same before gliding toward the door. What the hell was that? I said to myself. What had he seen in my energy field?

I moved to Colorado in 1977. My first extended visit to Aspen came many years later, when I drove up to participate in a psychic fair with one of my spiritual teachers, the magnificent Brian McCarthy (who has since stepped into the void -- transformed -- and is no longer present in the physical). I had never seen so many vampires in one place before. Some of them were garden-variety psychic vampires, but the others . . . Doing tarot readings for them was like stepping into a landscape deficient in oxygen. I now know what empty eyes look like and I understand the skin-crawling awareness of "other."

Of course, I run into psychic vampires every day. I had a clear experience recently at an author event. I met a man who was blatant in his attempt to solicit benefits from his connection with me -- who tried to join my energy field and siphon it away. I knew just how to handle him. Flicked him off like a mosquito. Psychic vampires can't help themselves. They suck energy -- emotions (and, they suck in general, as well). They give new meaning to the word "narcissism."

I often suspect certain politicians are vampires. And, of course, movie stars. Have you noticed?

So, what about you? Do you encounter vampires on a regular basis? Occasionally? Rarely? We'd love to hear about your experiences with the nightwalkers . . .

12 Comments:

Blogger Linda Robertson said...

I can't believe no one has commented yet! Well...I haven't seen any lately, not sure I've ever seen one...but I have known some manipulators who could suck you dry and leave you with little will to live. Your history sounds so familiar, from revivals to hanging with goths and doing tarot readings at Psychic Fairs. My debut novel is due out next year, so we even have writing in common! I'll check back to see what others say; this is interesting! Best! Happy Yule.

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know a guy that has said his mom was a psychic vampire. I heard that vampirism can be heredity. He and I have a weird attraction to each other-it's nothing I've ever experienced. Whatever he feels in attraction towards me, I feel-example..one time at a bar I blushed for no reason, then heard his words in my head ("Are they bigger?"..I had a push up bra on, haha) He was bright as Rudolph's nose.
Both of us are telepathic...one time we were in a car together and I knew -what- he was thinking because I could -feel- it. There is no way I could have started that because I was very mad at him at the time.
Is he just a witch like me or is he a psychic vampire?

5:53 PM  
Blogger Ruth Schaller said...

There is no doubt in my mind that I've crossed a few vampire paths. I have yet to be introduced to one though! But I would love to meet one.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Lynda Hilburn said...

Wolfsbane and Absinthe: Thanks so much for commenting! Congratulations on your upcoming book release. Please keep me posted! Hmmm. Maybe it's time to be on the lookout for all flavor of vampires. They do tend to be fascinating . . .

RavnStarLillith: That's a great story. Since I believe expanded abilities (psychic/intuitive/telepathic, etc.) are normal, I wouldn't necessarily say he is a witch or a psychic vampire (although, he could definitely be one or both). Psychic vampires usually feel invasive to their targets. Murky. When you're near one, it's likely your solar plexis will contract or you'll get a headache. You and your friend might simply be an example of two extraordinary energies attracting each other. I love when that happens!

Ruth: I wonder what would happen if you put that request out to the universe? grin.

12:23 PM  
Blogger ThatBrunette said...

I've encountered a psychic vampire but didn't know it had a name. I don't know if this man knew what he was doing but, I felt a strong pull from him. I hadn't thought about that in years. Thank you for posting.

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure it was an encounter with a vampire or not, but one time I was sitting in a car waiting for a friend at a convenience store. There was a man sitting in the passenger seat of the next care. Just sitting there, not moving, nothing threatening. Until he turned to look at me. I've never felt as much immediate fear from making simple eye contact before or since. By the time he looked away, my heart was pounding. I was relieved when my friend returned and we could leave. That was 30 yrs ago and I still remember him.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They don't bother me and I don't bother them. It's the z's I worry about. For some reason they have a tendency to harrass my family. My mom and aunts saw their first one in high school.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Lynda Hilburn said...

Hey, ThatBrunette: Thanks for commenting! There are lots of varieties of strange people out there! Some of them can be really creepy.

Alexis: Whoa. I could feel the dark vibe of the guy from your words. He's not someone I'd forget, either!

Emma: Harrassed by a Zombie! I can't say I've ever experienced that. I don't even know if I've ever encountered one! I'm speechless . . . lol

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohkay so I was looking up facts/articles about vampires and came across yours.. I'm quite interested in the supernatural, especially vampires. How do you know for sure that the person is a vamp? I've always wanted to encounter one. That's something I dream of doing most. I could have already and not realized it but I want to know and sense that it is. Never payed attention to all the characteristics combined. I'd like to learn more and talk more about with you if possible. Great Article.

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I have always been a level headed person, I work for the Gov. and have never believed in such things. But 10 years ago a 8 sec. encounter changed everything I knew to be real. I was working on a secured facility with video security. I can't explain it all in this short statement but I now believe Vampires are real with no hesitation. For years I ignored what I had seen and told no one what happened late that night. Until I recently moved into an area that...well lets just say couldn't be ignored. I did some research and what I found blew me out of the water to say the least!
Well anyway I would like to talk to you directly when you get a chance. Can we discreetly email?

A~

12:37 PM  
Blogger Lord Mark said...

Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

7:08 AM  
Blogger michael said...

JOIN ILLUMINATI THE SECRET SOCIETY, CALL +19136084584
.We welcome every one to this society where by,are you a musician,footballer,firm star,politician etc, every one can [THE MORE PEOPLE THE MORE STRENGTH $ POWERS WE GAIN],Join now. For more information  call on +19136084584 Email 666illuminatiinitiation29@gmail.com

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home