Thursday, January 01, 2009

2009 Intentions and TV Taping

This had to have been the most boring new year's eve ever. I was so wiped out from work, I went to bed at 9 p.m. and slept all the way through til 9 a.m. this morning. Geez. Do I have an exciting life, or what?

2008 was a miserable year for a lot of people. Many of my clients and friends had their entire lives destroyed by the global financial meltdown. I really hope we can think outside the box in 2009 and beyond and lift ourselves out of the limited mindsets of the past. I don't make resolutions (my inner rebel guts them within 12 minutes of writing them down), but I do set intentions. What's the difference between resolutions and intentions? Maybe not much, but intentions feel weightier to me. Like contracts with myself. In The Active Side of Infinity, Carlos Castaneda talked about intention being the fabric of the universe. Works for me. So, here are mine:

I intend to become healthier and leaner over the next few months.
I intend to finish book 3 in my series over the next few months.
I intend to solidify ideas for an additional series.
I intend to walk for 30 minutes at least four times weekly.
I intend to eat like a grown-up instead of a teenager.
I intend to say "yes" to life more often.

How about you?

I'm taping a public broadcast interview tomorrow at the Broomfield, CO public library. I don't know when it will be aired, but I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

Blogger Candace said...

Being healthier is also one of my goals! I'm not looking to lose weight but I don't always consider what I'm putting into my body so from now on i'll be snacking on some strawberries instead of a chocolate brownie and cutting back on the iced tea that I drink. And I joined www.fittingitin.ning.com a community started to encourage the members to lead healthier lifestyles!

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home