Thursday, May 12, 2011

Another Step Closer

I finished my edits for the revised version (this first one is the UK version) of The Vampire Shrink and turned them in. The biggest challenge for me was wrapping my head around the differences (many) between American writing and UK/European writing. My editor sent back a few changes, and -- as far as I know -- it's a book. It will now be typeset and sent back to me as galleys. The release date is on Amazon as September 1, 2011. I'm anxious to see what focus they decide to give the cover. It sounded like they were leaning more in the direction of suspense. But, hey! It's all fun. My editor (Jo) and I will be talking on Sunday about book #2. Yikes. I wonder how extensive the changes will be!!



This castle reminds me of the site for The Vampires' Ball in my book.

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda Andrews said...

Good luck and keep us posted. Does it come out in the US at the same time?

6:08 PM  
Blogger Lynda Hilburn said...

Hi, Linda! Last I heard, the North American version will be out in early 2012. My editor told me why they are staggering the dates, but I didn't really understand. But they'll do what they'll do!! I'm just grateful for the opportunity for my series to rise from the dead!
Hugs, Lynda

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home