Monday, May 30, 2011

New Kismet Book #2: Blood Therapy

(This is not my cover. It's just a photo. Too bad they couldn't do a better job with the blood!) I think I've got a handle on the broad outline for the new book #2, tentatively called Blood Therapy (I know that was going to be the title of book #3, but it seemed appropriate for this book. The previous book #2, formerly called Dark Harvest, will come out later in the series, rewritten/expanded, with a new name.).

It's actually a blast to be able to slow things down, and go back to my original ideas for the series. As important as the romance elements are to the books -- and Devereux will always be one of the major players -- it's really Kismet's story. Her transformation. Her life in the surreal world of vampires. She'll have lots of experiences of all kinds. This new book #2 will take place about 2 months after the end of The Vampire Shrink. I'm kicking my own butt daily to keep on a schedule, to be disciplined enough to write a certain number of words everyday, even if it's after I crawl home from my day job. I appreciate all the crit partners who help hold my nose to the grindstone.



The folks at Jo Fletcher Books/Quercus are working madly on the cover for the UK version of The Vampire Shrink. I'll post it as soon as I have it!



I'm going to have a huge contest to celebrate the release of the UK version of the updated The Vampire Shrink this September. Then I'll have another contest when I find out the release date for the North American version. Stay tuned for details.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Think I'd be more impressed with the picture if the red didn't look like finger nail polish.

Good luck in meeting your writing goals.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Lynda Hilburn said...

LOL, Kay. You're right about the fingernail polish. But if we can look past that . . . grin. Thanks for the good words.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Linda Andrews said...

Good luck with your writing goals. I'm inclined to think someone ate a messy hamburger to celebrate Memorial day:-)

9:16 PM  
Blogger Esri Rose said...

That plotting day was so much fun!

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Jarvis said...

Blood doesn't stain that way on your fingers. So fake! Good luck on the book btw.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Lynda Hilburn said...

Thanks for the good words, everyone. I'm working hard on the new book. I'll keep the blog updated.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...

I popped over, Lynda, to say thanks for visiting my blog and was mesmerized by all of your blogs on the profile page! :D

I enjoyed checking them out and love the interesting subject matter. :)

Wishing you all the best with your writing!

11:28 AM  
Blogger booklover0226 said...

I would have liked this with no blood, I think. Or maybe as a drawn picture...

Tracey D

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home