Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Nice Surprise

I got a call today from an agent who has my full ms. We spent quite a while on the phone -- he asking questions about where I envisioned my book fitting (re: marketing/pitching), listening to my answers, then asking more good questions. He gave me his impressions of my book, and we talked about what changes I might be willing to make. At this point, I'm not sure if I understand fully, but it was very constructive conversation. And it was a pleasure to "meet" this agent and come away with good feelings. We've agreed to talk again. What an unexpected good thing. Wow. Stuff happens.

4 Comments:

Blogger Alicia Maddox said...

And after your low point the other day, this is especially wonderful! Good luck and congratulations!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Lynda Hilburn said...

Dear Alicia: Thanks! It was an unexpected thing. I know better than to let the ups and downs get to me, but I think in the midst of all the other stuff that I've had to deal with over the last 5 years, I'm probably hyper-emotional -- always waiting for the next incoming!! It's a good thing this blog has a "delete" key for the posts I write, because while it can feel great to vomit out my feelings, I don't necessarily want those vomited feelings sitting around for future viewing! Lynda

6:01 PM  
Blogger Motherhood for the Weak said...

That is awesome news! Congrats!

M

6:02 AM  
Blogger Lynda Hilburn said...

Dear M: Thanks! It was an unexpected thing. Now if I could just wrap my brain around the changes we talked about!
Lynda

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home