Thursday, September 01, 2005

Not Really a Rejection?

Well, I found another packet containing my whole manuscript in my mailbox today. I steeled myself to open the flap, not eager to see which one of the agents/editors who still had my full had returned it. It was the agent who had been very excited about the three chapters. The attached letter was brief: "Thank you for the opportunity to read your manuscript, The Vampire Shrink. I so very much liked this story, but unfortunately my life has taken an abrupt change of course and I will be leaving this agency due to relocation. There is no one else available here to take this on at present. I wish you great success placing your work with another agent or directly with a publisher." Well, I guess that isn't as bad as the "I just didn't love it enough" response. At least she liked it. And perhaps she thought I could sell it directly. OK. I won't tear any hair out today. It's a bummer, but not a trauma. Sigh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Motherhood for the Weak said...

Oh man, don't you hate it when someone else gets there first? Your premise sounds like a lot of fun-- don't give up.

And, btw, I linked to you!

M
http://dementedmichelle.tripod.com/dementedblog/

6:47 PM  
Blogger Lynda Hilburn said...

Thanks, M! I appreciate the kind words. I still like my story and even though I'm disappointed that there's another psychologist-to-vampires story already sold, I'll keep trying. Actually, I read a couple of sentences about that upcoming book and it sounds really good. Under different circumstances I'd be looking forward to reading it!!
Lynda

7:18 PM  

<< Home