Thursday, January 25, 2007

Procrastination, Denial, Avoidance and Sublimation


OK. No matter what your political persuasion, you've got to admit this photo is funny. Nothing personal. I just thought it was a hoot.

I am the Queen of defense mechanisms. The Grand Wazoo of putzing around. I've spent so much time playing with my MySpace site and doing promo, that I've forgotten the cardinal rule: Keep Writing. I've been reading through "The Vampire Shrink," making some small changes before the editor puts in her two million cents, and I just finished a novella under my pen name. Maybe it's because I've been feeling especially isolated lately. I see my clients, but those sessions are for them. We don't talk about me. And we had all that crappy snow and it was easier to hibernate. So, now I've got to pull my head out of my whatever and get back to work. You heard it here, first.





By the way, if you want to "friend" me: www.myspace.com/lyndahilburn


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The funny part is superimposing all the new candidates faces over his...of both ilk, mind you. Getting out is never as easy as getting in.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Lynda Hilburn said...

HA! I'm already tired of all the politicians! Thanks for the comment, Marty!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Tempest Knight said...

Congrats on finishing the novella! And get that other vamp story out soon! :)

8:43 PM  
Blogger Lynda Hilburn said...

Thanks, Tempest! I finally got my second wind (or is it my third?)

8:52 PM  
Blogger Sonja Foust said...

I've become a master procrastinator too. While networking is truly important, I guess writing ALWAYS has to be #1!

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home