Monday, June 06, 2011

Guest Blogger: Mary Abshire

Thank you Lynda for having me on your paranormal blog.

The paranormal world is such a curious and mystical place. I love the unexplained, the mysterious, and the frightening creatures. Actually, I don't find the creatures scary. I find them interesting.

Since my youth, I had an interest in dark and mysterious creatures, specifically vampires. Most of the time, they were portrayed as sexy, rich, and able to get away with just about anything. Sleep all day and play all night. Yeah, as a young female, I couldn't resist the lure of the vampire. In the 1980's David Bowe played in The Hunger and Anne Rice had a popular series. The vampire world continued to suck me in deeper. Today, I love reading about good and bad vampires, their problems, their different abilities, their drama, and their
humor. I can never read too many vampire novels.

But there is more out there in paranormal land than just vampires. There are werewolves, shape shifters, witches, warlocks, fae, dragons, demons, aliens, and so much more. They're all different, unique, and have special traits. How interesting! At least, I think so. I'm branching out, reading books about such mysterious and distinctive creatures. Once again, I'm intrigued and can't get enough. My heart will always lean towards vampires, but oh, I'm very interested in other life forms.

When I started writing seriously a few years ago, I chose paranormal romance as my genre. Some consider my books urban fantasy since I wrote them in first person POV and they are set in a city setting. Either way, they involve paranormal elements. My main character is a half-demon who has the ability to catch souls and send them to hell. Her main squeeze is a vampire. Hot demon + cold vampire = steam. I have demons, werewolves, warlocks, and witches in my series too. With so many creatures out there, why settle on one or two. At least, that's my way of thinking ;o)

Curious to know more?

The Soul Catcher series
Claiming the Evil Dead
Catching an Evil Tail
Fighting Evil
And the 4th one will hopefully come out in the next couple of months.

BLURBS
Claiming the Evil Dead:
Half-demon Jessie Garrett is searching for an evil vampire that's been preying upon children. She wants to claim the rogue vamp's soul and send it to hell. To find the dead man walking she must partner with another bloodsucker, Drake, even though she doesn't trust him. While Jessie works with Drake, she learns not all vampires are killers and discovers the cold-blooded vamp is a temptation too difficult to resist.

After the fiend abducts another child and Jessie has a near fatal experience with vampires, she turns to Jeremy, a demon she bumped into at a club, and makes a deal with him for his help. Drake disapproves, and Jessie soon finds herself wedged between two volatile creatures. When the chance comes to save the child's life and claim the evil vamp's soul, she must decide whom she can trust—a vampire who cools her feverish desires, or a demon hell-bent on seducing her.

Catching an Evil Tail:
Half-demon Jessie Garrett wants to live a normal life among her friends and keep her soul catching ability a secret, but supernatural creatures keep popping up in her world. Adding to her struggles, her vampire lover remains out of the country, and when he offers no valuable explanation as to why he hasn't returned, she wonders if she should move on without him.

As if Jessie doesn't have enough worries on her mind, the demon yearning to seduce her shows up at her home. She longs to liberate herself from the debt she owes him, and when he asks for her help, she jumps at the chance to make a new deal with him—one that will guarantee her freedom. The only catch? She has to send the soul of a werewolf to hell.

Love, trust, and loyalty are on the line. Torn between her feelings for her vampire boyfriend, a hot Alpha wolf, and a demon vowing to protect her, Jessie must figure out her heart's true desires.

Fighting Evil:
Half-demon Jessie Garrett's battles seem endless. While Jeremy, the demon out to win her heart, teaches her how to fight, Jessie's relationship with her vampire lover, Drake, reaches a breaking point. Adding to her struggles, she must defend her life against a group of vampires who consider her a threat to their existence. Held captive on a remote island with both Drake and Jeremy protecting her, she is tested in ways she's never imagined. Jessie fights back; only her actions do more harm than good. The group offers her a choice, but no matter what she decides, her life will change forever.

Where to find me:
http://www.maryabshire.com

http://www.facebook.com/mary.abshire

http://www.goodreads.com/maryabshire

http://twitter.com/maryabshire
http://www.shelfari.com/maryabshire


Books are available on Amazon, All Romance Ebooks, and Noble Romance Publishing.
Excerpts are available on my website.
First chapter of each book is free at Noble Romance Publishing and All Romance Ebooks.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Bets Davies said...

I had screaming, terrible nightmares about a vampire when I was young. It has actually served me well. In the wake, I became obsessed with vampires (though I'm a little picky about the portrayals. I'm still trying to forgive sparkling in sunlight). I became a big supernatural and horror fan. I've never read or watched anything as scary as my nightmares (in the supernatural sense. Trying to get my friend to go to the hospital after she swallowed a bottle of asprin was probably more frightening). Plus, I have semi-control of my dreams now. Finally, kick ass note, two of my books are based on dreams I had.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home