Sunday, July 17, 2011

Writing the Difficult Scenes



I had a frustrating writing day today. Do you ever have a scene you dread writing? Since I am going back to my original plan of having the Kismet Knight, Vampire Psychologist series be about her experiences -- of all kinds -- an urban fantasy/dark fantasy with romance elements rather than a paranormal romance, she needs to take a step back from all her relationship assumptions. I hope readers will hang in there with me as Kismet's romantic life slowly evolves over time. I'm partial to one particular fellow, and she'll probably end up with him, but we won't know for a while. Mystery is good, right?


I'm having my website re-done and will keep you posted on the latest progress.


I'll also post the UK cover of THE VAMPIRE SHRINK when I get a final version.


Only 6.5 weeks til release!


Here's my Facebook and Twitter addresses in case you'd like to connect there:




3 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie said...

Look forward to the revised book, Lynda!

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Robin Murphy said...

I know exactly what you mean...I too have moments of difficult scenes. Sometimes I pick up a book from one of my favorite authors and it helps me tap into the creative side of my brain! Enjoyed your blog!

http://robinmurphyauthor.com/robinmurphyauthor/

Robin Murphy, author of paranormal mystery, Sullivan's Secret

6:53 AM  
Blogger Lynda Hilburn said...

Thanks, Lizzie!!

Robin: I'm glad you enjoyed the blog. Thanks for stopping by.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home