Saturday, August 19, 2006

Writing Projects: Status


It's been fun selling my short story. All the promo that goes along with the sale has been eye-opening. Not that I mind. I like talking about Diary of a Narcissistic Bloodsucker. And I enjoy that people seem to like the title (and the story). It's great to get good feedback.

I went to a author's panel last night in Denver. Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers (presenting a big conference this September) sponsored the talk with three well-known, successful authors talking about how they "did it." Highly motivational. And frustrating.

But both the sale and the panel made me think about my progress since I started writing fiction about 2.5 years ago.

So, here's where I am now:
I sold the 12,000-word short story (Diary of a Narcissistic Bloodsucker)
I completed the 105,000-word novel (The Vampire Shrink) and have an agent, and I'm in the midst of writing the second novel in the series
I'm 20,000+ words into a vampire novella which takes place in the inner city of Detroit (where I grew up)
I have several other short stories in progress.

Not too bad for 2.5 years. OK. I guess I can stop torturing myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home