Saturday, November 03, 2007

Chocolate Winner Announced! And some other news (grumble, grumble)


First, the winner. I cut up tons of little slips of paper, wrote all the participants' names on them and picked one to receive the chocolate from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory!

The winner is: Kelly Stemple

Congratulations, Kelly!!

Thanks so much for sending in suggestions. I had at least a hundred emails and comments with incredible possible titles. Thanks to everyone who took the time to share ideas.

Now, the other news.

And I fully acknowledge that this is all my fault (waiting too long to discover my over-used title).

My publisher (and the distribution company) said it's too late for me to change the title of my second book. They've already begun advertising, and the title, "Dark Harvest" is on pages in the backs of many of Medallion's other authors' books.

Instead, Medallion has suggested (since we can't change the title) a sub-heading on top. Not sure what it will be yet, but something like:

"Psychologist Kismet Knight reaps her own . . ."

or something

I actually did choose one of the submitted titles for another book. I won't tell which one right now, because I fully intend to use it in the future. The funny thing was that as soon as I received it the first time, I got about 10 other emails with the same suggestion. Great minds think alike! When I use that title, I'll thank all of the submitters in the acknowledgements of that book.

So, my humble thanks again to all of you. Your suggestions were incredible: creative, funny, dark, sensual -- everything I love!
Thank you, thank you!
p.s. THE VAMPIRE SHRINK is now available everywhere!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on the chocolate win! LOL Don't eat yourself sick.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Evang said...

Congratulations on the winner! So what was the title that was chosen?? (didn't see it or I'm blind *lol* well I DO wear glasses so...)

Don't eat to many of those chocolates at once but at least savor them for all of us when you eat them *grin*

Blessings,
Risa (Kelli_Shannon Ravenswing)

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home