Saturday, November 10, 2007

Moonight On Its Way Out? Torchwood Continues.



Don't quote me, but I read somewhere that "Moonlight" won't be returning. That makes me sad. Not because it's a good show. (Although I do find the lead male appealing.) But because it's a vampire show and a paranormal show and they just drop like flies. "Afterlife" on BBC America ended after one season. Then they gave up on "The Dresden Files" without even a good go. I haven't heard anything about the fate of "Blood Ties." I momentarily freaked today when I was watching the latest episode of the first season of "Torchwood," and the announcer said something about there only being a few episodes left. What? Another paranormal/fantasy show biting the dust? I googled "Torchwood" and discovered that season 2 is being filmed even now as I type. I wasn't sure if I was going to like this show or not, but turns out I do. So, I'm glad it will be around longer. Who knows how long it will take season 2 to reach the US. I don't have HBO, so I won't be watching the Sookie vampire show on that premium channel. I hope it floats.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rae Lori said...

Ooh! I just love that new promo pic of Torchwood with Freema's addition.

I also heard Moonlight won't be returning as well and from the list at Watchers Watch it looks like the 12th episode may not show as well. Which is bummed because the whole Coraline drama will be left in the air. I would love to see such shows continue on dvd which is where they probably get most of their sales and audience anyway (like Invasion, Kindred: The Embraced & Surface, etc). Instead of touting it as The Complete Series and it's only part of it. :-(

I really hope Blood Ties continues though because I am so in love with that show it's unbelievable lol. And I gotta have my Henry fix. ;-)

Here's hoping the paranormal shows continues on tv though like the boom in books! :-D

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blood ties still plays on lifetime. Its now just on fridays at 10pm pacific time.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Lynda Hilburn said...

Rae: I don't know what the problem is with the paranormal programs. You'd think they'd be as popular as what we're seeing in paranormal books. And when I look at what television programming consists of instead . . .

Gina: Yes. But we haven't heard what happens after these episodes air. I don't think a decision has been made yet.

12:32 PM  
Blogger khushi said...

This is torchwood a spin off of doctor who and its sci-fi so anything can happen including time travel and/or revival (time travel more likely, since the dangers of the gloves)

they will be back or they don't deserve another season.

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home