Friday, October 03, 2014

A Vampire Psychologist? Why not?

LindaHilburn-FINAL800

I'm frequently asked where the idea for a series about a vampire psychologist came from.

It started with a client session in my psychotherapy office in Boulder, CO back in 2004.

I've been a vampire fan since childhood and read everything -- fiction and nonfiction -- I could get my hands on. I'd never read much romance, but when paranormal romance books showed up in bookstores and libraries, I was hooked. Stories about human women having relationships and sex with vampires? Sign me up!

After reading a million or so books, I started toying with the notion of writing a vampire tale myself. Previously, I'd written nonfiction, and the learning curve for fiction was steep. I never considered actually submitting my stories to anyone. After all, wouldn't I get drummed out of the psychotherapist's club if I wrote about such things?

After creating a few short stories about my night-walking darlings, a young client -- who talked about wanting to join a group of non-humans -- inspired me to think about what it would be like to find a gorgeous vampire in my waiting room. I started typing that night, and the series began its long, strange journey.

The rights to the first three novels in the series (The Vampire Shrink, Blood Therapy and Crimson Psyche) are in the process of being reverted to me, so I'll be rebranding and republishing them in the future.

The tiny humorous tale, Until Death Do Us Part, is permanently free and available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Apple. It's a snapshot of a couples counseling session for vampires.

Website Amazon Barnes & Noble Apple

2 Comments:

Blogger Lord Mark said...

Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

9:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've been barren for so many years living without a child of mine. When I came in contact with Doctor Aluda and reach out to him, I actually make use of his herbal medicine. and it's indeed effective and powerful... I conceived few weeks after taking his natural herbs for 17 days as prescribed by him... And now I'm 3 weeks pregnant....so happy, reach him on whatsapp +2348145636867 or Email him on draludaharbalhome @gmail. com

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home